Friday 13 March 2009

Gold cup day at the Oscars

After a drink induced days break yesterday, excitement reaches fever pitch on Gold cup day and I will start with that race which looks to be the most wide open and competitive for many years. As opposed to last year when we all knew Denman and kauto would finish in the top two, but not the order, this race has many conundrums to consider. Can barbers shop win for the queen who will be at the course today. Is Denman able to recover from a year of problems. Can Kauto be the first horse to regain the crown. Is this finally Exotic dancers day. What about Neptune and the classy up and coming Madison Du Berlais. I cannot unravel the puzzle. I think Madison Du Berlais will be in the frame as will Exotic however my heart tells me this will be a vintage Kauto day in oscars with all the crew on board and celebrating with a lavish rendition of Lily the Pink.

Here are my thoughts on the rest of the card.

1.30 Walkon or Zaynar with Jumbo Rio a good each way prospect.

2.05 Sunnyhill Boy (NAP) others to consider Dave's Dream, Raise your Heart and the supremely named Bedlam Boy at 50/1.

2.40 Pride of Dulcote, Browns Bailey and Weapons Amnesty.

4.00 Juveigneur and Cappa Bleu which I am reliably informed is a good thing.

4.40 The mighty Big eared Fran with Mamlock and Piraya others to consider.

5.15 Clew bay cove (NB) with Lorient Express for a place.

I am looking forward to a nice spot of lunch then a fabulous days racing and entertainment with the troops. I have no recollection of leaving the Polwarth the other night and there can be no repeat today with a huge cup tie versus Hutchison vale tomorrow.

I realise there has been flak regarding lack of blog yesterday. Watch out for major political debate over the weekend. Feel free to follow and comment as and when.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment